ASKI Reclamation Ltd. Is Now Hiring!
About Aski reclamation ltd.
Aski Reclamation Ltd. is a new business conceived of by the Saulteau First Nations and supported by the BC Oil and Gas Commission (OGC). The OGC is supporting Saulteau and Aski with capacity funds and an initial 5 projects. There are 9,000 abandoned and suspended wells that require reclamation services in the northeast BC area. Each well is a possible reclamation job for Aski Reclamation. Aski started with a pilot project in fall 2018 and in 2019 moved into construction of a wetland and the installation of native plants. Since 2019, Aski has been working to build capacity through a reclamation installation training course in the fall and establishing work on 3 mine sites and 2 oil and gas pipeline locations.
About the Role
Our Field Support worker assists our Project Biologist with collecting water samples throughout the year, focusing on end land use goals that are culturally important and ecologically suitable. The Field Support worker is responsible for the smooth and safe operation of the field team, helping workers to meet goals, and mediating concerns with upper management. This role will be responsible for proper boat maintenance, including handling and safe operations, water monitoring and general labouring. Daily responsibilities require manual labour in all weather conditions and terrain.
- Assist biologist with in-field activities including preparing documents and submitting required project forms, documents and/or reports.
- Act as a second for B.C Hydro leads including attending and participating in daily safety meetings, tailgate meetings, and other job-related safety requirements
- Daily driving to and from site, maintains fuel, and ensures that all assigned vehicles, tools and equipment is kept clean and operational as per Aski specifications
- Works with management team and client to ensure the maintenance of a safe and orderly workplace or worksite (First Aid records upkeep)
- At the end of each workday or work shift, perform all required maintenance functions and tasks to ensure that their assigned field equipment and tools are prepared and ready for the next workday, work shift, or cross shift
- Actively involved in upholding and contributing to Aski’s values and knowledge for land and culture.
- Assists other workers and subcontractors as directed
- Coordinates the team and is responsible for applying policies and procedures
- Collection and review of timesheets and daily paperwork to ensure that it is properly completed and given to appropriate departments
- Assists other departments with field information required
- Promotes a safe work environment and is responsible for the safety of the crew
- Understand the legal liability and any related occupational and safety laws
- Ensure that team members comply with safety regulations
- Identify a need for safety training, complete an initial safety and hazard assessment, participate in accident investigations, and see to timely resolution of safety concerns
- Identify requirements for specific materials or tools and communicate these requests to the appropriate person
- Prioritize work schedules to meet goals
Qualifications & Skills
- Valid license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Have boater’s operator license or willingness to get one
- Must have ‘Swiftwater Rescue Training Certificate.’
- OFA 1 or equivalent
- Must be ready, willing, and available to work on short notice, sometimes in remote locations and in all kinds of weather,
- Knowledge and ability to use a GPS
- Work in the field with small groups
- Must be able to work in uneven terrains and adverse weather conditions
- Physically fit – requires lifting, walking, bending, and reaching
- Willing to complete Aski training
- Aski will be following Mistahiya Development Corporation hiring policy and procedures
- Criminal Records check
- Valid driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle for work-related duties
- Work in the field for extended periods of time, in various weather conditions
- Working in remote locations, with access by truck, ATV, boat