Call for interest!
Substitute Teachers Assistant(s) needed
Saulteau First Nations is currently looking add to our Sub List. If you are passionate about educating youth and want to be part of a vibrant and enthusiastic team, we encourage you to submit your name for this exciting opportunity!
The primary focus of this position is to assist the Primary Teacher in the Primary education program, ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the school in general. This position assists in the education, development and training of students who need additional support to learn and succeed.
What the role entails
- Assists small groups or individual students with the academic development, determining the most effective teaching approach for that child and creating individualized lesson plans based on Provincial requirements specific to the needs of the student.
- Assist the Primary Teacher at the Muskoti Learning Center (MLC) with subject area, projects and activities relating to the Primary program.
- Assists in the supervision and training of students in the development of life skills and performance of daily activities.
- Monitors for safety of the children, including supervision at playtime, gym, lunch & recess.
- Provides ongoing and regular communication about the assigned program to the supervising teacher. Information about a student’s program is treated as privileged and only shared for the purpose of program planning and in the context of that planning.
- Maintains a daily journal/record of student activities.
- Oversees classroom activities, delivers lesson plans and ensures continued student learning in the event of the teacher’s absence.
- Assists with planning, preparing, and providing nutritional meals within food safe regulations for the daily lunch program, including clean-up.
- Assists in developing, arranging, and supervising curricular and extra-curricular activities within and outside the school building.
- Assist in preparing and arranging lesson materials and displays.
- Assists with office and secretarial duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Highschool Diploma; preference to Post Secondary Diploma
- Valid Child Safe Certificate.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks.
- Basic knowledge of FN community including history, language, traditions, and culture is an asset.
- Valid Food Handler certification.
- Maintains up-to-date testing for Tuberculosis and provides proof of immunization.
- Experience working with primary and pre-kindergarten children is an asset.
- Ability to relate to primary students and adapt to environment in the classroom.
- Work as part of a team and successfully interact with a variety of personality types.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information.