Saulteau First Nations (SFN) is a section 10 band within the meaning of the Indian Act. The Band has been formed by the amalgamation of Dunne - Za, Cree, and Saulteau residents. This First Nations community is covered by Treaty 8.
The community is located at the east end of Moberly Lake, which is about 100km southwest of Fort St. John on Highway 29. There is one reserve, East Moberly Lake No.169, spread over 3025.8 hectares.
SFN is currently accepting resumes for several summer intern positions -full and part-time. Please state in your cover letter which positions you are applying for. You can apply for any that are of interest to you.
All Summer student intern positions must be between the ages of 16-29 (except Daycare Helper must be 18-29) and been in school and returning to school in the fall. The following are the positions being funded under NENAS and other funding for 2021
- Childcare Assistants – this job entails providing childcare to staff children aged 6-12 in a day camp situation. Planning activities, preparing snacks and supervising the children Monday to Thursday from 8am-4:30 pm. There are 2 positions @ 32 hours/week @ 9 weeks.
- Daycare Helper – must be minimal 18 years of age or hold a valid ECE Assistant certificate. This job entails working with the daycare staff to provide supervision and other help Monday- Thursday 8am-4:30pm. There is 1 position @ 32 hours/week @ 9weeks.
- Fire Lake Park Attendants – this job entails keeping the area clean and tidy, signing out SFN equipment such as kayaks, other assignments to enhance the Fire Lake Park, helping to set up and or clean up after events at the park, helping with Right to Play and other programs while at the park. There are 2 part time positions @ 16 hours/week@ 9 weeks, hours will be fairly scheduled with other park attendants over the 7-day weekly period between 8am and 8 pm.
- Community Support Worker – this job entails filling in for others during sick days such as the childcare assistants and helping with smaller projects around the organization such as helping the Safe House with cleaning out the green house, helping with the daycare garden etc
- Maintenance Assistants - this job entails helping the maintenance department to do the annual summer work such as mowing and weed whacking. Will be using trimmers, mowers, shovels and other maintenance. Scheduled times- between Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm. 2 positions@ 16 hrs/wk @ 9wks.
- Summer Intern Mentor – Assist in supervision of the Fire Lake Attendants and Community Support worker. Help with assigned work as time allows, help with time sheet records, photo taking, and other duties as assigned by the Summer Intern Supervisor. 1 position, usually scheduled Monday – Thursday but occasional weekend/evening work. 32 hours a week x 9 weeks
- Be the age of 16-29 by start of work, have a SIN number and bank account information for direct deposit (if successful these must be into SFN Payroll by start date) or your position will be forfeited)..
- Resume, cover letter must be submitted with 3 references. Any applications not including these items will not be put forward to the hiring committee, interviews will be conducted.
- Able to get to work site on time and work rain or shine, be able to work various shifts.
- Sign a code of confidentiality and ethics.
- Any use of drugs or alcohol during work hours will result in immediate dismissal.
- This is not a life guarding position. Selected staff will have some training such as OFA1 if needed.
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
- Saulteau First Nations
- ATTN: HIRING COMMITTEE
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry in the event of equal qualifications.