We are Hiring!
Saulteau First Nations is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting into the Manager of People and Information, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining the Communication Services of Saulteau First Nations (SFN). This role updates the website, social media feeds, newsletter, flyer deliveries and provides information internally and externally to staff and community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for managing and updating the website, social media, newsletters, flyers, and other communications.
- Acts as an ambassador and positive role model as a representative of SFN.
- Builds linkages and relationships with outside agencies and organizations, working with staff, professional affiliates, bodies, agencies, and Chief and Council in developing appropriate communication tools.
- Publishes banners and posters as requested.
- Promotes goodwill of the organization through communication and public relations.
- Creates awareness within the SFN community of upcoming events, workshops, and meetings.
- Demonstrates effective resource management and coordination in ensuring that events are communicated clearly and timely to staff and community.
- Coordinates ongoing planning through SFN Administration to improve communications internally and externally.
- Coordinates the communications efforts of the Nation for consistency and comprehensiveness in messaging.
- Uses zoom or other platforms to connect with a broad audience for message delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate or Diploma in Marketing, Web design, Communications, or other relevant areas.
- 1 year experience in communications, website publishing, maintenance and design.
- Experience using a publishing program.
- Strong working knowledge of SFN traditions, community and culture is an asset.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer proficiency, with effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail and Power Point.
- Familiarity with operation of audio-visual resources.
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment, ethics and personal integrity while handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Criminal Records check.
- Valid driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle for work-related duties.
- Travel may be required within SFN community and surrounding community.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work is performed primarily in the office with hours of work set as 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursdays.
- Occasional overtime.
- Lifting or moving up to 10 lbs may be required.
How to Apply
Application cut off date: June 15th.