North Wind Supplies is Now Hiring!
Currently we are seeking qualified applicants for our
Sales Associate – Full Time Regular
About North Wind Supplies
North Wind Supplies is an industrial supply store located in Chetwynd, BC. With the motto “From the Community, For the Community”, our goal is to be the leading provider of quality consumables and maintenance, repair and operational supplies to contractors, oil and gas developers, forestry, mines and other companies delivering infrastructure projects throughout the Peace River region. North Wind Supplies is committed to offering high quality industrial products with first class services at fair market prices.
About the Role
The Sales Associate position fosters relationships with our customers, suppliers, and visitors. Ideally, the Sales Associate has excellent communication skills to understand what customers are seeking and is able to provide expert knowledge and recommendations for store products. The Sales Associate is patient, positive, and calm – welcoming customers not only as the come into the store but as they ask questions to understand product offerings.
- Greets customers and suppliers appropriately and provides prompt and courteous customer service to all guests
- Actively gains knowledge about product lines and competing product lines; utilizes product knowledge to promote sales
- Operates POS and cash register, balances cash and prepares daily cash report for accounting
- Responds to and resolves product or service problems that customers may experience
- Stocks shelves and ensures the store is neat and orderly
- Works collaboratively with teammates to solve customer issues quickly and efficiently
- Listens to customer feedback on product and store experiences and responds accordingly
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Completion of Grade 12
- 1 year experience in an inside sales role
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and interpersonal skills – outgoing, positive, and friendly attitude
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to problem solve – enjoys helping others and is eager to find ways to improve efficiency
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to learn and able to adapt in a changing work environment
- Ability to maintain composure, even in an escalated situation
- Police Information Check is required
- Valid driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle for work-related duties
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required
- Manual dexterity required to use computers and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Hours may include week-end shifts
Additional Information for applicants
- This is a full time role; please inquire on available shift(s).
- Remuneration includes a group benefits package including a pension plan for full-time permanent positions
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will be considered open until the suitable candidate is selected.