Seasonal Planter/Field Technician |Aski Reclamation LP
Reports to: Restoration Manager
Location: Moberly Lake, B.C
Hours: 80 biweekly
Special requirements: Drivers License
About Aski Reclamation
Do you want to be part of a progressive indigenous-owned environmental company involved in exciting projects? Aski Reclamation (Aski) is a rapidly growing business spearheaded by a team of enthusiastic professionals. As part of this growth, we are seeking a dynamic, committed individual to fill the position of Seasonal Planter/ Field Technician.
Aski is owned by the Saulteau First Nations. Having community roots means Aski is meaningfully invested in environmental protection and ecological restoration. By combining business with heart, history, and experience, we deliver solutions to our clients and integrate science and First Nation knowledge with industry demands and best practices. We believe this approach to be the future of environmental consulting in Canada and we are paving the way forward.
About the role
Aski Reclamation LP is currently seeking to hire two (2) seasonal employees for the 2022 planting program. This opportunity includes the planting and staking of native species for restoration projects and will be occasionally working on other projects such as the native seed collection and vegetation monitoring programs. This individual will report to the restoration project manager(s) for this position, along with updates to the lead field technician where necessary.
- Technical skills to accurately identify plant species specifically required for plant installation and possible seed collection
- Planting native plugs and installing stakes as per planting design
- Attend and participate in daily safety meetings, tailgate meetings, and other job-related safety requirements.
- At the end of each workday or work shift, perform all required maintenance functions and tasks to ensure that their assigned piece(s) of equipment and tools are prepared and ready for the next workday, work shift, or cross shift.
- Map locations with the use of an iPad and accurately collect and record field data
- Reporting to the project coordinator of activities and data input of field data
- Follow outlined procedures to process and store seeds to ensure the viability
- Work with the health and safety coordinator on a regular basis to identify new site location risks and update ERP plans for various locations, and follow Aski’s Covid-19 safety policies, procedures, and pandemic plan
- Weekly submission of receipts and daily tickets (time and safety) to the project administrator Assisting in community engagement programs at Saulteau First Nations, including but not limited to open house events, Aski quarterly updates, youth engagement activities, and more
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting, walking, bending, and carrying activities that occur in the job
- Available and ready to work on short notice, sometimes in remote locations
- Must have and maintain a Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean abstract
- Preferential if the employee can provide OFA Level 1 and WHMIS 2015
Additional consideration may be given to applicants with the following criteria:
- Willingness to participate and complete the Aski training provided
- Willingness to obtain WHMIS 2015 training provided by Aski
- Willingness to obtain OFA Level 1 Certificate
- Ability to work unsupervised and still maintain productivity and integrity
- Work to ensure the job requirements and responsibilities are being met in a timely manner without compromising quality.
Contact us to apply
“Seasonal Planter/Field Technician- August 2022- First Initial, Last Name”
Please attach a copy of your up-to-date resume in either in word or pdf format.
The application deadline is August 18th, 2022