Title: Youth Spring Break Camp Coordinator
Term: March 13 to 31, 2023
Shift: 8 hours per day (8 am to 4:30 pm) Monday to Friday
Description of work: this position is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of activities and the well-being and safety of young children (ages 6-12) registered in the Saulteau First Nations (SFN) Spring Break camp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the schedule of activities for the spring break camp and acquires supplies in advance of the camp start (Monday to Thursday only the week of March 13-16)
- Facilitates daily activities and supervises the youth in attendance, ensuring their safety at all times.
- Supervises assigned support staff.
- Tracks registration forms and reports on attendance.
- Coordinates guest instructors to support cultural programming activities; evokes learnings through tradition and culture where possible.
- Prepares snacks daily; ensures any identified food allergies are avoided.
- Works cooperatively with other Saulteau First Nations staff as required.
- Maintains adequate health and hygiene measures.
- Builds relationships with youth by showing compassion, empathy and
- Ensures adequate time for the program set up and take down, and post-program clean up.
- Previous experience working with youth and supervising others
- Standard First Aid; Canadian Red Cross Babysitting Course is a preference
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Police Information Check - Vulnerable Sector
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions
- Reliable, responsible, positive attitude with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Must be available to attend full hours and duration of the position