Title: Youth Spring Break Camp Assistant
Term: March 20 to 31, 2023
Shift: 8 hours per day (8 am to 4:30 pm) Monday to Friday
Description of work: This position is responsible for the supervision and safe oversight of youth attending the Spring Break Camp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates daily activities and supervises the youth in attendance, always ensuring their safety.
- Assists the Coordinator with tracking registration forms and reporting on attendance.
- Prepares snacks daily; ensures any identified food allergies are avoided.
- Works cooperatively with other Saulteau First Nations staff as required.
- Maintains adequate health and hygiene measures.
- Builds relationships with youth by showing compassion, empathy and
- Assists with the program set up and take down, and post-program clean up.
- Standard First Aid; Canadian Red Cross Babysitting Course is a preference
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Police Information Check - Vulnerable Sector
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions
- Reliable, responsible, positive attitude with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Must be available to attend full hours and duration of the position