With rapid growth and expanding our services, the arising opportunities created the need for an additional Accountant to build our accounting team and take over the day to day accounting duties for our company. The Accountant will work with our Financial Administrator to ensure we have accurate and timely corporate financial statements, project statements and related reports. In addition, the Accountant will support the needs of the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and audit functions as required. We need an enthusiastic professional with a strong understanding of all daily accounting functions, the appreciation of tight deadlines, and the attention to detail, ensuring accurate timely completion of all accounting functions and reporting are met.
For the right individual, this is a mentee position into the Financial Administrator Position.
- Prepare/assist all daily accounting functions
- Prepare/assist accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule.
- Prepare/assist in monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Prepare/assist monthly bank reconciliation
- Analyzes financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Financial Administrator’s attention
- Prepare/assist payroll function, coordinating with HR to ensure compliance with labour standards and company policies
- Prepare/assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of fixed assets schedules
- Assists with audit function with guidance from the Financial Administrator
- Covers accounting positions during staff absence/holidays.
Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting
- Supports budgeting, reporting, and operational performance tracking for the company and individual projects
- Analyzes past results, performs variance analysis, identifies trends, and identifies opportunities for improvements
- Works closely with Financial Administrator to ensure accurate financial reporting
Monitoring & Controls
- Supports cost analysis and efficiency by ensuring policies and procedures are followed
- Provides analysis of trends and forecasts and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Enables performance monitoring by producing standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, or a combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years hands on experience at all accounting functions.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, budgeting, and cash flow reporting
- Experience in full cycle accounting and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with project accounting will be in asset
- Hands-on experience with Sage 50
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines
- Honesty and integrity
- Interest in the trends in the Northern BC sectors of forestry, mining, oil and gas and renewables
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Aski Reclamation LP offers a competitive benefits package