Early Childhood Educator
Child Care Center Supervisor
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The primary focus of this position is to foster the cognitive, emotional, social and physical development of children in the childcare center, through a structured learning environment for children ages 0-6 years. This position works under the guidance and supervision of the Child Care Center Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the center.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Student Support
- Applies Learn through Play and teacher directed educational approach to develop the social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills of children ages 0-35 months, ages 3-5 years and/or multi-ages depending on job placement.
- Plans, develops and implements developmentally appropriate activities that integrate learning and community, adapting to suit the individual learning needs of each child.
- Partners with the other ECE Teachers on projects, activities and crafts relating to the program, including preparing lesson plans and delivery to children.
- Assists in the supervision of children in the development of life skills and performance of daily activities.
- Monitors for safety of the children.
- Assesses each child’s development in conjunction with the Child Care Center Manager and engages in regular communication with the parents.
- Assists in the preparation, cooking and clean-up of snacks and lunches provided to the children.
- Assists in daily and weekly cleaning and sanitization of the center.
- Contributes to the ECE calendar.
Qualifications and Skills
- Early Childhood Education Certification.
- Immunized for all routine vaccines according to routine schedule in BC or willingness to obtain prior to starting work.
- Valid Child Safe Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to starting work.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks before commencement of work.
- Knowledge of SFN community including history, traditions and culture is an asset.
- Work as part of a team and successfully interact with a variety of personality types.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality in the handling of information.
- Work is performed primarily in the center.
- Normal hours of work are scheduled between 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Travel may be required within SFN community and surrounding community.
- Travel for meetings/training may be outside of the community.
- Outside supervision of children, weather permitting.
- Lifting or moving up to 40 lbs may be required.