Casual On Call Custodian
Facility Maintenance and Public Works Supervisor
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land, we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The Casual On Call Custodian contributes to the success of the Saulteau First Nations (SFN) Administration by overseeing the general cleaning and upkeep of the SFN buildings and offices on a daily basis, ensuring optimal work environments for all staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting activities to maintain the cleanliness of floors, including mopping and vacuuming.
- Daily disposes of garbage and recyclable materials from containers.
- Keeps work surfaces, windowsills, shelves, and furniture clean and dust-free.
- Cleans carpets, vents, and windows (interior and exterior) as scheduled.
- Ensures washrooms are kept in a sanitary condition and supplies are refilled on a regular basis.
- Maintains cleaning supply levels; notifies Director of Community Assets and Infrastructure when inventory supplies are low.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Highschool Diploma.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to detail and general cleaning abilities.
- Ability to perform physical work including bending, standing, stooping, and climbing ladders.
- Basic understanding of proper handling of dangerous materials.
- Safety training - First Aid Level 1, WHMIS, and hazardous chemicals an asset.
- Understanding basic recyclable materials is an asset.
- Material Safety Data Sheet Training is an asset.
- Works with chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Works primarily alone.
- Have to be available on short notice for on-call work.
- Late afternoon and evening hours of work.