Manager Member Services
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The Receptionist acts as an ambassador of Saulteau First Nation (SFN) as the first point of contact for guests and visitors, greeting visitors and staff in a warm and welcoming manner and directing their inquiries to the appropriate team. Contact is in person, by phone and email. The overall objective is to promote harmony and teamwork within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets visitors appropriately and ensure they are assisted immediately.
- Answers and directs calls and emails to appropriate team.
- Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems.
- Controls access to restricted areas.
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Books the facility meeting rooms and gym, ensuring accurate recording of details and contact information and notifies Supervisor of any issues/concerns or any requirements of her staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Order office supplies and consumables as directed and within allocated budget.
- Manages cigarette inventory - selling cigarettes and placing orders.
- Manages and maintains inventory of snack items at the front desk.
- Operates POS and cash register, balances cash, and prepares report for Finance.
- Creates tickets for Fibre to the Home.
- Collects Rent, Fibre to the Home payments, and any other payments for members and staff. Records transactions in proper receipt book and issues respective receipt.
- Releases cheques to clients, suppliers etc. and maintains the cheque logbook.
- Check documents to ensure that final figures are correct, noting errors, the causes of any miscalculations and correcting.
- Secures Purchase Orders issued by Finance for sign out.
- Secures front desk area, including locking up of all supplies, cheques, purchase orders and desk drawers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Grade 12 with minimum of 6 months experience in a receptionist role.
- Knowledge of accepted office administrative processes and procedures.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail and Power Point.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgement, ethics and personal integrity while handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality.
- Criminal Records check.
- Valid driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle for work-related duties.
- Travel may be required within SFN community and surrounding community.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 25 lbs may be required.
- $20.10-$21.84 per hour based on qualifications and experience