Child Care Center Supervisor
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong, and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land, we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The primary focus of this position is to assist the teachers in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) program, focusing on the education, development and training of children who need additional support to learn and succeed and assisting the Child Care Center Supervisor with office and other related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Early Childhood Centre Support
- Assists small groups or individual children with the development and learning in a play- based environment, as directed by the ECE teachers.
- Assists children in the development of life skills and performance of daily activities.
- Assist with program preparations.
- Contributes to the planning of activities and special events in the Child Care Center and participates in the implementation of plans.
- Monitors the safety of the children.
- Assists with planning, preparing and provision of nutritional meals within food safe regulations, including clean-up.
- Assists in cleaning of the center.
- Assists with office and secretarial duties as required.
- Participates actively as a SFN representative in assigned committees and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as relevant to the nature of the position.
Required Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum requirement aged 19 or above.
- Experience working with children between the ages of 0 to 6 years is an asset.
- Immunized for all routine vaccines according to routine schedule in BC or willingness to obtain prior to starting work.
- Valid Child Safe Certificate is an asset.
- Valid Food Handler/Food Safe certification is an asset.
- Clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Reliable and responsible individual with a positive and creative attitude.
- Knowledge of SFN community history, language, traditions, and culture is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and successfully interact with a variety of personality types.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the handling of information.
- Ability to provide and promote positive values and social benefits.
- Ability to role model a healthy lifestyle.
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 4:30pm; work is performed at the Cree-Ative Wonder Daycare and Land-Based Learning Cabin and grounds
- Outside supervision of children in many different weather conditions
- Periodic travel for fieldtrips, training, or other relevant work.
- Lifting or moving up to 40 lbs may be required.
- Term position ending June 27, 2024.