Employment Opportunity with Saulteau First Nations
Saulteau First Nations (SFN) is a section 10 band within the meaning of the Indian Act. The Band has been formed by the amalgamation of Dunne - Za, Cree, and Saulteau residents. This First Nations community is covered by Treaty 8. The community is located at the east end of Moberly Lake, which is about 100km southwest of Fort St. John on Highway 29. There is one reserve, East Moberly Lake No.169, spread over 3025.8 hectares.
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The Weekend Driver is responsible for transporting a patient(s) from Saulteau to the Hospital and back for treatment every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is only for 3 hours per day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick patient up from their place of residence
- Assist patient with getting into the vehicle
- Transport patient to the hospital and wait for their treatment to be completed
- Return patient to their home
Other Related Duties
- Clean and sanitize vehicle before and after use
- Wear PPE such as face mask during duration of trip
- Pick vehicle up from SFN and return it there, full of fuel
- Request fuel POS
- Submit timesheet
- Follow all SFN policies and procedures
- Report any concerns as it pertains to the patient(s) overall health and well being
Qualifications and Skills
- Class 4 Driver’s license
- Excellent record of reliability
- Ability to lift over 100 lbs and practice lifting techniques
- Defensive driver’s training considered an asset
- First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Oath of Confidentiality
- Work is performed alone, and the suitable candidate must be physically able to lift over 100lbs.
- Driving on winter roads.
- This position is not eligible for pension or benefits. It is for 3 hours per day, 3 days per week.
- For consideration, interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume and three references.
- Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry in the event of equal qualifications.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please note other requirements of this position: Criminal Record Check, Valid Driver's License, Oath of Confidentiality.
- Position will be posted online until suitable applicant is selected.
The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job posting do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. They may be changed at the discretion of the employer.