Call for Interest – Casual Early Childhood Education Assistants
Early Childhood Education Assistant (Casual)
Saulteau First Nations Mission
We strive to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong, and self-
sufficient. As stewards of the land, we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are
followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
The primary focus of this position is to assist teachers in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
the program, focusing on the education, development, and training of children who need additional
support to learn and succeed and assist the Child Care Center Supervisor with office and other
Duties and Responsibilities
Early Childhood Center Support
• Assists small groups or individual children with the development and learning in a play
based environment, as directed by the ECE teachers.
• Assists children in the development of life skills and performance of daily activities.
• Assist with program preparations.
• Contributes to the planning of activities in the Child Care Center and participates in the
implementation of plans.
• Assists in the planning and preparation of special events for the center.
• Monitors the safety of the children• Assists with the planning, preparing, and provision of nutritional meals within food safe regulations, including clean-up.
• Assists in cleaning the center.
• Assists with office and secretarial duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
• Early Childhood Education Assistant certificate would be very advantageous.
• Immunized for all routine vaccines according to routine schedule in BC or willingness to obtain
prior to starting work.
• Valid Child Safe Certificate or willingness to obtain before starting work.
• Ability to pass a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector check or willingness to obtain one prior to starting work.
• Knowledge of FN community history, language, traditions, and culture is an asset.
• Valid Food Handler/Food Safe certification or willingness to obtain.
• Experience working with children between the ages of 0 to 6 years is an asset.
• Work as part of a team and successfully interact with a variety of personality types.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality in the handling of information.
• Hours of work are primarily completed at the Center with hours scheduled as required.
• Usual hours of work are between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
• Outside supervision of children, weather permitting.
• Periodic travel for field trips, training, or other work.
• Lifting or moving up to 40 lbs may be required.
Additional Information for applicants
• This is a Casual position; employees would be placed on our sub list and phoned on an as-needed basis.
• Please submit your resume with 3 references.
• We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job posting do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. They may be changed at the discretion of the employer.
Apply Today! We are still actively looking for talented employees to join our Casual list.