Muskoti Primary Program Support Staff Substitute
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the classroom Teacher with implementing the daily Schedule that incorporates culture, tradition, and child directed learning activity, hygiene care routines, and transition times.
- Assist with providing daily balance of active/quiet, indoor, outdoor and individual/group activities.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing.
- Provide support to the Education Staff and volunteers respecting all aspects of the educational program.
- Organize space, equipment and materials before activities.
Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma and valid Child Safe Certification would be an asset.
- Ability to relate well to children and parents; work as part of a team and promote positive staff relations.
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and has knowledge of Aboriginal history, language, traditions and culture.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to keep confidential documents.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- be a positive role model
- Bring in an updated Criminal Records Check- vulnerable sector.
* This is an on-call position and successful candidates will be placed on a substitute list and called when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.