North Wind Supplies is Now Hiring!
As a new retail store, we want to hire the best and most promising individuals to join our team.
Currently we are seeking qualified applicants for our:
Full-time Small Engine Mechanic
About North Wind Supplies
North Wind Supplies is a new business in Chetwynd with a goal of being the region’s leading provider of quality consumables and maintenance, repair, and operational supplies to contractors, oil and gas developers, mines and other companies delivering infrastructure projects throughout the Peace River region. North Wind Supplies is committed to offering high-quality industrial products with first class services at fair market prices.
About the Role
As a new retail store, we want to hire the best and most promising individuals to join our team. The small engine mechanic will perform a range of skilled repair and maintenance work on small engine equipment. Responsibilities include inspection, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical and electrical issues on equipment such as chainsaws, lawn & garden equipment, plate tampers, etc. You will be expected to coordinate the timing of repairs with parts suppliers and customers. In addition, our customers need hydraulic hose repairs. Experience in this area is welcome and wanted. You will be responsible for ensuring quality service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and repairs customer equipment or machinery
- Refurbishes used equipment for resale by the dealership
- Repairs and refurbishes within the timeframe given for machinery or equipment as described on the work order
- Establishes diagnostics of problems, plan a work method and sequence to follow before beginning repairs
- Prepares new equipment for delivery to the customer
- Answers technical questions from our customers
- Takes pride in leading with excellent work-site health and safety practices
Qualifications & Skills
- Training in small engine repair or any related experience
- Experience as a workshop technician
- You are passionate about industries in the region
- Manual dexterity, ability to diagnose mechanical problems, autonomous, resourceful, quick to execute and disciplined
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy environment
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job and lifting up to 50lb
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
- Criminal Records check
- Valid driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle for work-related duties
- Manual dexterity required to use computers and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required
- Hours may include week-end shifts
Additional Information for applicants
- This is a full-time role; please inquire on available shift(s)
- Remuneration includes a group benefits package including a pension plan for full-time permanent positions
- Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry in the event of equal qualifications
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Position will be considered open until suitable candidate is selected
- The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job posting do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. They may be changed at the discretion of the employer.